FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- PHOENIX, AZ, January 20, 2009 -- PetSmart is
voluntarily recalling seven of its Grreat Choice® Dog Biscuit products
that contain peanut paste made by Peanut Corporation of America (PCA).
PCA is the focus of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
investigation into potential salmonella contamination of peanut butter
and paste made at its Blakely, Georgia facility.
Although PetSmart is not aware of any reported cases of illness
related to these products, it has removed these products from its
store shelves and website and is conducting the recall as a
The recalled products include only the following types of Grreat
Choice Dog Biscuits sold between Aug. 21, 2008 and Jan. 19, 2009:
* Small Assorted 32 oz., UPC 73725702900
* Small/Medium Assorted 4 lb., UPC 73725700601
* Small/Medium Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700605
* Small/Medium Assorted 10 lb., UPC 73725702755
* Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700638
* Extra Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700779
* Peanut Butter 4 lb., UPC 73725700766
Customers who purchased the recalled dog biscuit products should
discontinue use immediately and can return the product to any PetSmart
store for a complete refund or exchange. Customers can visitwww.petsmartfacts.com
for more information or contact PetSmart
Customer Service at 1-888-839-9638.
No other products or flavors are included in this recall.
Source, FDA: http://tinyurl.com/7aenfj
PetSmart also has info on their website at http://tinyurl.com/a5cchx