I am so stressed with this new Royal Canin recall!!!
I SO want to get my dog off of Royal Canin! She eats IVD Duck & Potato -- I took her off of dry when the original recall came out, but she is still eating canned.
We've tried changing to Merrick French Country Cafe (their duck flavor) -- did the switch in ~ 1 week, but my pup got really bad diarrhea. Other possibilities that I'm considering are Evangers Duck & Sweet Potato and Eagle Pack Duck & Oatmeal. But I don't feel like I can try again until her stomach gets back to normal. In the meantime she is back to eating Royal Canin.
I'm going to call the vet today and get some advice.
How did you all manage the switch? Any experiences on success and failures with switching are welcome. (How much time did you take? What ratio of old to new food did you use? If you had a failure, how long did you wait before trying again?)